Product Development Coordinator – Nation Builder
Mergon is a private investment group that exists to impact lives, and seeks to equip others to do the same. Nation Builder is an initiative of Mergon that aims to empower businesses in their social investment endeavours. It is a platform that brings like-minded businesses and civil society together in order to learn from each other and partner together for the greatest possible impact through wise and responsible social investing.
The South African Social Development scenario is a complex space. Businesses are encouraged through the BBBEE codes to contribute towards the betterment of the nation. The struggles of running effective businesses within turbulent economic times, whilst having timely and efficient strategies that contribute towards improved social and economic conditions for the general population can be a complex task.
The appropriate candidate will be able to facilitate learning sessions amongst social investment practitioners, business leaders and other custodians of capital. This person will be working with multiple stakeholders across the country and will, therefore, need excellent communication skills and must demonstrate cultural awareness. This person will also need to be able to creatively curate, package, and develop social development content that can be formed into a curriculum to be used to equip leaders in being effective with their social investments.
The position is based in Stellenbosch, reporting to a product team of Nation Builder.
• Assisting in the facilitation of social development related workshops
• Product development knowledge and experience. This will require some research, ability to package different material to be of assistance to our business community, as well as assistance in putting together the Nation Builder Annual report
• Strategic input in terms of the direction of the workshops, as well as other product related aspects
• Project management/liaison/coordinating role with external agencies.
• Preferably a University degree within the Social Sciences
• 3-5 years in a social development/ social investment position
• CSI or NGO exposure is beneficial.
• Basic IT awareness and skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Knowledge and basic skills in Apple software (Pages, Keynote, Numbers)
• Experience in working in a complex organisation that has more than one brand to
• A highly organised individual who can prioritise and manage tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency in another South African language is beneficial.
• Ability to work under own initiative in a high-paced environment.
• Fun-loving team player that is driven and enjoys a challenge.
• Must be passionate about the hopeful future of South Africa.
Province: Western Cape
Education level: Degree
Own transport required: Yes
Travel requirement: Occasional
Job level: Mid/Senior